Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

'Max's bro's & sis having lunch

A

andre

Hello,

Here are a couple of pics of Max's smaller bro's & sis
happy.gif

26468.jpg
"mmm ... What's this ??"
26469.jpg
"Nobody's gonna touch MY worms !"
26470.jpg
"This looks really yummy !!"
26471.jpg
"huh ? where are they gone ??"
26472.jpg

26473.jpg

26474.jpg

H

heather

they are adorable!!
i wish my axols were small like that again!
by the way, your axies have beautiful colorations! leucistic right? the spots go all the way down the fin...its so pretty!

M

mik

Andre, great piccys.

What type of camera and lens did u use? I have a Canon S50 5Megepixel, which can zoom in a lot but I think my babes are way too small to try and get a decent piccy. They don't even have legs yet!

A

andre

Heather,

Yes they are all leucistics ... I'm now trying to get hold of some wildtype or any other type to mix the colors a bit
happy.gif

Mik,

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 that comes with a 35-280 mm lens. It can take Macro pics with the subject as close as 2cm from the lens. Not to mention that these pics were taken at maximum zoom (esp. the larger 5th pic). The auto-focus is a bit cumbersome but there's a possibility to manually adjust the focus.

Btw, Pic #5 was not altered ... and the subject's size nose-to-gills is about 12mm.

Great cam in all respects.

R

rheann

wow, you can see right through them! that's so neat! What is the gold stuff inside its tummy? is that gold pigment? It looks like its inside of it. i wonder what it is, it's pretty
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1