Meal worms and white worms

Sara88

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Display Name
Sparrowmayhem
Meal worms and white worms are these suitible for feeding to axolotls both adults and babies i am running out of worms in the garden and cant afford to buy them but im able to get meal worms and white worms

thanks

Meal worms are a bit "crusty" and they are high in fat and low in calcium. An axolotl could probably survive on them for a time, but they aren't a food I would recommend.

Whiteworms are easy to grow, but they would be a bit too small for an adult axie (unless you have some sort of white worms that are different from the ones I know about).

How about a good quality pellet food for carnivores?

Hi Sara,

If I can just add, if you do feed an axolotl mealworms ensure you decapitate the mealworm as it has strong mandibles that can tear through the axolotl's internals.

hi there thanks for the replys i wont be feeding my adult axies mealworms i was just wondering about them as a food. The white worms will be for me babys when they get a bit bigger they are about 30mm at the moment

thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back