Question: Help! Bloated? Pregnant? Fat? Sick? :(

Glad to hear the tea baths are helping, hang on in there they can take a while! Is the skin on the feet peeling or is it def fungus?? Is she sitting in a tea bath in the fridge?

Hope your ok know how frustrated and fed up you must feel x

Glad to hear the tea baths are helping, hang on in there they can take a while! Is the skin on the feet peeling or is it def fungus?? Is she sitting in a tea bath in the fridge?

Hope your ok know how frustrated and fed up you must feel x

She's in the fridge. I thought I just saw pieces of poo but it was just her dead skin coming off. The fungus has gone pretty well. Still some on the gills.
I did a tea bath in the fridge. Is that okay by the way? Does it still work?

The thing that worries me now... Still 'bloated' and not pooping. She also floated a lot. I'm not sure if she still does that because the plastic tub she's in isn't too deep. So she can stand on the bottom...

Also gave her a worm. No interest.
It looks like the fridge never works...

How (else?) can I make her poop?
(Sometimes I just think: "maybe if I just squeeze......." but that won't be a humane solution, poor axie :p)

Great news fungus has gone and yes tea baths in the fridge are fine and def the best for your poor axie!

I dont have any suggestions for the not pooping sorry not sure if any of the mods on here could suggest anything to help!

Guessing poor thing feels uncomfortable if shes not pooping which as a result means she doesn't want to eat, shame there are not axie laxatives heh!

When my axie couldn't poop I put her in the fridge and fed her the tiniest bit of cooked brocoli (I know Axie's shouldn't have vegetation but I thought a tiny bit wouldn't hurt and might do something)

After a few days, giant poop in her recovery tub :p

Don't know if it will help, but figure everything is worth mentioning! 1 of my friend's axies was a really fussy eater - I got the other 2 built up + accepting worms after a lot of work + they now look great. However, the 1 without any injuries stopped eating cut up worm after a week or 2, so I had to revert to using bloodworm, which s/he (think it's a boy) took willingly. I fed him/her on bloodworm only for a few weeks, then started whole earthworms + it's now eating them fine! I kept it in isolation whilst being fed bloodworm, purely because I wanted to monitor the amount being eaten + also because it's so darn messy (even the poop is messier with bloodworm diet compared with earthworm diet!!!), but it also made cleaning easier.
I think I would try plenty of different foods + hope that new food in will help to push out anything still inside. Worth a try, if nothing else seems to be working.
And, good luck :happy:

Muh, she doesn't want to eat a thing. I think it's because she don't want to eat before her belly is empty or something...
I'm afraid that she's going to die when she can't poop for weeks (and eating ofcourse...)

Oh, she just has some fungus on one gill now. The feet are fungus free but they still look bad. Toes missing. On every foot there is at least one missing...

A few days ago a lot of my baby axies died and now I have like 26 left (I had 49). But I guess that was because of the heat. It was extremely hot. Especially in my room and I placed them in a cool box to protect them from the heat (It was like 25°C in my room, so it was like hell for them). It's a lot cooler now and they're doing well, so that's good :)

Hm, still nothing. I managed to get the last piece of fungus off... But still 'bloated' or whatever. No poop, and no interest in food...

How long can they survive when they have food/something inside them that won't come out?
I'm not sure if she will ever poop... The fridge never worked for me.

(And what a waste of tea when she dies or something... lol. Okay, this sounds like I don't care about her. I DO care about her... but I don't know what else to do...)

*Sigh*
:(
(Thanks anyway...)

Attachments

• SNV12763.JPG
    SNV12763.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 4,285
oh bless she's upside down and see what you mean about her feet, they are worse than Jabba's were :( how long has she been upside down for??

So sorry nothing is working for you guys x

No, she's dead. Last night. Poor thing.
But I had a feeling that she just wouldn't survive...
(But on the other side it means I have a less to worry about now...)

The thing is... the worm that was inside the tub (in the fridge) was gone... I guess she finally tried to eat it (maybe because it was just an annoying wiggly thing in there) and that she died because her insides just couldn't handle it or something...

So sorry to hear your news, : ( I have been following the saga intently, I think its always best to read all threads, good and bad so we can all learn from everyones experiences and I must say I have learned alot from yours, at least now she isnt in any pain or discomfort. Thinkin about you, Good luck for the future!

Oh no am so sorry Morrison :( You did your best but sometimes there really is nothing else you can do!

Hope your ok x

Aww thanks guys :)

Some people asked me: "Are you going to buy a new one now?"
Hm, I don't think I'm going to buy a new one immediately to replace this one. (But I guess I will definitely buy an axie one day when I see a cute one somewhere)
And I also have some babies. I will keep at least one and raise it. Like 'my own production' (and ofcourse made by mommy Frangipane the leucistic :p)

Meh, I already miss this one. Suddenly I have 3 lotls left (and babies...) and my golden one is all alone now. :p

morrison im so sorry. You are a very good axie parent so please keep your chin up. When you least expect it you will see the axie of your dreams......dont give up

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back