Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tea baths?

cal

Reaction score
Hi I am planning on giving Monte a tea bath as she apears to have the same condition as shown here Photos of Sick Axolotls (the white skin patches illness), but I am unsure as to how long to leave her in. Does anyone have any experiance with tea baths as i can't find much info on the tea bath apart from that mentioned on the axie sanctury website.

Cal

Last edited:

melfly

Reaction score
Have a look here (4th one down) it should give you the info you need.

Also could you provide a pic of your axolotl so we can see the skin problem.

Good luck!

Mel

Last edited:

cal

Reaction score
I have just finished the bathing her in water which was treated in a bucket and a tea bag left for 10 mins (this was all done based on the info I read from salt bath info) Monte was in for 10 mins. Then went mental round the tank for a bit and is now settled. Her skin seems ok now but il keep an eye on her and im going to do a water change, thanks for the link anyway and I will follow it for next time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1