The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 16th November 2019   #1
Jedijunky

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jedijunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got a new Axolotl, started breeding with my other one.

We got an axolotl we were fairly sure was male. Ended up being female, and they began going at it. What should I do? I donít have the setup for babies, and we donít have any divider to stop them breeding. Any advice? The pet store has no refunds.

Jedijunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019   #2
landonewts

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Rep: landonewts has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Got a new Axolotl, started breeding with my other one.

My local pet store sells axolotls, and they use these “egg crate” dividers to separate males and females in their tanks. You can get them from Amazon. I have an order on the ready in case my new axolotl doesn’t get along with my old one when I introduce them. Might give you some breathing room while you figure out what to do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQVD2TN...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited by landonewts; 16th November 2019 at 16:28.
landonewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2019   #3
lissalana

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: lissalana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got a new Axolotl, started breeding with my other one.

If you end up with eggs separate the eggs. After they bean then they will hatch. Some people will rehome eggs. If you do rehome eggs and you will ship I would be interested in some for personal use. Please PM me if you do end up with eggs.

lissalana is offline   Reply With Quote