The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Wanted (International not covered by the above) If you live in a country not covered by the previous categories, post here.

Old 28th February 2011   #1
vlcuXX
(vlcuXX)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: vlcuXX has started on the right path
Default Wanted:Axolotls (adults or Juvies) or eggs in Ontario,Hamilton or Toronto Area

Hey guys i have been looking at big als for some axies but they're not getting any for a while so i might as well buy some from u guys pm me pls. PS: already got 2 from big al's
Click the image to open in full size.

vlcuXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011   #2
Canadian1973

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Canadian1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted:Axolotls (adults or Juvies) or eggs in Ontario,Hamilton or Toronto Area

How much was Big Als selling them for?

Canadian1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011   #3
mizzerman

Nationality:
Rep: mizzerman has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Wanted:Axolotls (adults or Juvies) or eggs in Ontario,Hamilton or Toronto Area

I bought two leucistics before christmas for 39.99 each at the big al's in Alberta. They were about 3" and had missing legs though.

mizzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011   #4
Shygirl

Nationality:
Rep: Shygirl has started on the right path

Have you tried Menagerie Pets in Toronto? Last I checked they had two left. Not sure if or when they will be getting more.

Shygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011   #5
vlcuXX
(vlcuXX)

Nationality:

I bought mine for 20 dollars but i will be getting 2 leucistics soon on like wednesday or thursday cuz big al's is getting like 60 i believe, the bad thing is , i think they're keeping them all in 1, 10 gallon aquarium. Now, i dont think thats right but all i can really do is point it out to them, anyways they're getting 10 golden albino's , 10 leucistics, 10 wild types, and a mixed bag of 30. Having trouble deciding if i should get 2 leucistics or 1 leucistic and 1 golden albino O.o

Old 4th April 2011   #6
Shygirl

Nationality:
Rep: Shygirl has started on the right path

Which Big Als location is this? I was at the Kitchener location two weeks ago and they had leucistics. In my experience, Big Als isn't the greatest when it comes to caring for Axolotls. I seen two wilds in a tank with guppies, crayfish and gravel. Their gills were in very rough shape.

Let us know if you see the goldens. I know locations have tried to get them in the past but were unable to. As for what colours to get, I think you'll know when you see them. You'll see two that really catch your attention. Best of luck!

Shygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011   #7
vlcuXX
(vlcuXX)

Nationality:

O, lol i think they are actually one of the ONLY places that have them where i live, and in my past experience they have only kept axolotls in one tank, Crowded, but did not see any that were hurt, happilly. Well, as for what location the location is Hamilton. Yea i think 2 will surely catch my eye :P my axolotls are like bald , Aka no feathers cuz they got fungas and one of the employees gave me a conditioner cuz apparently mine didnt work, I trusted him cuz he had the exact same situation and it worked, the fungas is gone off his body, and they gills started to die off now, they're like branches but in a healthy looking way (like no white fuzzy stuff what so ever) and they can hopefully regrow them back fine :) and goood thing the fungas is gone so fast, like it only was 1 day and all of it was gone. I think they got it due to high ammonia, and/or chlorine after i switched them from a 15 gallon to a 35 gallon, cuz they got stressed, cuz i didnt have any distilled tap water (got it fresh out of the tap) and our water where we live contains alot of ammonia compared to other's tap water.But yea if they were to still have the fungus it could have spread to the other axies im gonna get :). Btw i hope they get the golden albinos in, i'd love to have 1 aswell as a leucistic cuz how i got the other ones were tottally random cuz i didnt ask the store if they could get some in cuz i didnt think they could and i went there for african dwarf frogs (which i ended up not getting) and i saw axolotls, Since the rarity i almost had a heart attack lol (cuz of cuteness and rarity) and i got 1..... the next day i couldnt resist i drove all the way up to Big Al's and got another 1...which are now Axie and Axol. My leucistic one is gonna be named Gewbert, and my golden albino if not a leucistic is gonna be named Casey cuz of my pale friend from school :) But yea sorry to make this reply soooo long .......

Old 4th April 2011   #8
vlcuXX
(vlcuXX)

Nationality:

Got my lotls from hamilton location lol wrote alot more, but wouldnt let me post so yea :/ but anyways there names are Axie and Axol..... i know, not very creative but the new leucistic is gonna be named Gewbert and the albino if not another leucistic is gonna be Casey due to my pale school friend

Old 28th October 2011   #9
Elaine
(e23ho)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: e23ho has started on the right path

Oh my God Michael.... talk about a 'cuz' overload!!!

Anyway, mine just laid a bunch of eggs (like 200-300; see some photos from 26th Oct) and although I'm not confident they're all alive and I've never reared amphibs before (...I doubt my bird experience will come in handy...) I'm happy to share or keep you updated, as Vulvu already knows!

:)

I also got mine from Big Al's, in Mississauga, about a year ago for ~$35 each.

And btw, I love this forum!
-Elaine
Attached Thumbnails
P1010490a.jpg   P1010494a.JPG   P1010498a.jpg  

e23ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011   #10
Elaine
(e23ho)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: e23ho has started on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by e23ho View Post
Oh my God Michael.... talk about a 'cuz' overload!!!

Anyway, mine just laid a bunch of eggs (like 200-300; see some photos from 26th Oct) and although I'm not confident they're all alive and I've never reared amphibs before (...I doubt my bird experience will come in handy...) I'm happy to share or keep you updated, as Vulvu already knows!

:)

I also got mine from Big Al's, in Mississauga, about a year ago for ~$35 each.

And btw, I love this forum!
-Elaine
Shoot - and by 'vulvu' I of course mean 'Vulcu"!!! Sorry Michael!

Anyway, my larvae have hit a rough patch due to no access to appropriate food for a few days (the microworms are not nearly enough anymore), but I now have BBS eggs waiting to hatch so whoever survives will be well fed soon! PM me if you're interested in young axies, which I will be selling and homing by end December/early January.

e23ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #11
Gavin Hunter

Nationality:
Rep: Gavin Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

My Golden Albinos should be in Hamilton, Friday.Any others are from Chech(Europe)

Gavin Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote