Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Axolotl skin disease

JOELN

Reaction score
Hi

today i spot a white thing on my axolotl's gills i thought it was fungus but after some research, i've read that it might not be fungus. the white thing just appeared today and i hope i can give her best treatment before it gets worse. there is also a little dent on her upperbody because she likes to stay near rocks, can it recover to the normal state? and the last thing there is a black spot on her skin lately and i dont know what is the cause. right now i'm fridging her hope it will helps her recover.

i've bought some indian almond leave but i dont know if its a right medication. Thank you.

(sorry the image wasnt so good)

Attachments

• lucy (2).jpg
    lucy (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 150916.jpg
    150916.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 150908.jpg
    150908.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 196

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Kind of hard to tell, but generally if it's fluffy it's likely to be fungus and salt baths help a great deal. IAL are great for skin conditions too, so lots of people like to add it to the tanks.
Does the dent look like a scratch or injury, or does it literally just look like a dent? You may want to rearrange things so the rock sits a little higher and doesn't cause this. Most injuries will heal with axolotls, so it may fix itself.
I can't see the black spot in the pictures, but it does look like you have a freckled leucy so it may just be more pigmentation appearing. If it's on top of the skin it would be something to look into, but if it appears to be part of the skin it may be pigmentation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!