Injured Leg

mybanana

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys! So I’m a beginner with Axies. I’ve got an adult Golden and an adult Lucy that I’ve had since Feb. I was out of town over the weekend and when I returned today, I noticed an injury to my Lucy’s leg. It looks as if my Golden may have attacked her. She’s not using it and she appears to be a little blue in coloring. However, she’s moving around pretty good and still eating (just feed her about an hour ago) and looking around for food. Any suggestions on what I should/need to do?

Attachments

• 595929A0-7475-4C29-9B86-D2A754DE539F.jpg
    595929A0-7475-4C29-9B86-D2A754DE539F.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 140
  • A3A7F7A3-458F-4465-8940-51FBE75EB387.jpg
    A3A7F7A3-458F-4465-8940-51FBE75EB387.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 139
Hey guys! So I’m a beginner with Axies. I’ve got an adult Golden and an adult Lucy that I’ve had since Feb. I was out of town over the weekend and when I returned today, I noticed an injury to my Lucy’s leg. It looks as if my Golden may have attacked her. She’s not using it and she appears to be a little blue in coloring. However, she’s moving around pretty good and still eating (just feed her about an hour ago) and looking around for food. Any suggestions on what I should/need to do?
It doesn't look like a pleasant situation, although Lucy otherwise looks healthy. There are two options for this, either an amputation or isolation. Judging by how intact her arm is, she should be quarantined/tubbed, for the sake of avoiding a serious infection.

Hopefully she makes a full recovery, and afterwards you should think about getting a divider. Another point to note is the gender of her tank mate, as males have a tendency to nip and bite if the female isn't receptive to breeding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back