Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My banded rubber frog??

Mikey88

Reaction score
Hey peeps recently acquired a banded rubber frog when buyin my 2 awesome fire sals!! They were in same viv an all I was told that it likes to burrow like the sals also same temps and food etc. just wondering if anyone has any experience with these, think may be female as quite big very strange to see it run!! Any info would be much welcome. Peace.

FrogEyes

Reaction score
Presumably, you're talking about Phrynomantis bifasciatus or P.microps. If that's so, I would say that you've been provided with information which is questionable at best. You'll get more complete information by way of the scientific name and your favorite search engine. That will also be quicker than me going to the bookshelves, and supplementing from memory.

Mikey88

Reaction score
Had a good read up nice shout. Really after anyone who's had first hand experience with these guys?? Fantastic colours. Be in touch peeps! Peace

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Had a good read up nice shout. Really after anyone who's had first hand experience with these guys?? Fantastic colours. Be in touch peeps! Peace

What? I'm not sure anyone on the forum understood a word of what you just said....:confused:

Mikey88

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these frogs in captivity. Lots of info on natural habitats etc but no one seems to have kept them just want to pick brains that's all

FrogEyes

Reaction score
I have kept both P.bifasciatus and P.microps. They like it warmer than most caudates, should be kept reasonably moist, are generally shy, and tend to hide in cracks and crevices. They are also quite toxic, and shouldn't be in close company of other amphibians - same cage may be okay, so long as everybody can avoid prolonged close contact.

Mikey88

Reaction score
Have them in same viv at moment it's 1m x 50 x 50 with bark an subsoil an moss slightly moist with a damper area at one end, with plenty of cracks for hiding. Sals an frog keep to themselves havnt seen much of them but they feedin well so presume its goin ok!! Thanks for your help any more info welcome. Will try to put pics up havnt figured it yet tho lol!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!