Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please help me post a wanted ad :(

lalanirvana

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member who joined so that I could use the classified section to find an axolotl in my area. I just made my obligatory first post, but still can't seem to post in the Australian wanted section. When I try, I get this notice:

lalanirvana, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
If you are a normal registered user trying to post to the advertisement section of the forum you must have a 1 post minimum to receive permission to post here. Be aware that posting a nonsense post to allow you to advertise will not give you instant access to this section so please don't try that.

Could someone please help me? What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for any assistance!!! :)

kay

Reaction score
Did you have the 1 post minimun before you tried making a wanted ad?

Also, when did you sign up? The administrators may still be in progross of activating your account.

Be patient. :)

Teana

Reaction score
I don't know what to do either, I posted once as well and I still can't write in the wanted section...

kay

Reaction score
I thought it was a 5-post minimum?

Im not too sure either. I cant remember how many it was when I signed up. I wonder if they quoted the message properly.

Now that you mention it though, I do remember posting a few messages on here before I wrote in the wanted ad section.

Would there be a place in the forum rules that could clarify this?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
There is a 5-post minimum to post in the For Sale/Wanted sections.

Teana

Reaction score
you must have a 1 post minimum

I think they must have typed this wrong, as I can now post in the wanted section (and have reached five posts)

Unless your introductory post must be approved by an administrator before you can do so, which would obviously take some time as an administrator must log on and attend to it?

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
You need 5 posts before you can post in the wanted section. Posts in the Wanted and the For sale section need to be approved first and this will depend if it meets all criteria. If it is not approved then you should be advised as to why.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1