Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New setup

C

christian

I took out all the old gras( what was left) and moss from my Tiger tank, en made a new setup, I bought new grass seeds and started over again with the tank setup.

I hope this grass will grow as good as the last time, so lets wait till the result is visible.

66817.jpg

ali

Reaction score
Hi Christian, why did you have to take out the old grass? I don't know much about terrestrial salamanders, I suppose you had to change the substrate?

K

kieron

hi mate,
nice set-up hope it grows as good as last time do you know what the fern is

C

christian

@ Ali:

The old grass was in bad shape because the tigers dig tunnels under the grass,so the grass became loose from the soil.

I didn't change the substrate but I mixed it with fresh worms, there a enough nutrients left in the substrate from some old leafs and the dead grass.

@ Kieron: I do hope it will become as nice as the last time, I will keep this topic updated.
I don't know what kind of fern it is, but it doesn't grow very big so it suits well in my tank.

Greets Christian

(Message edited by chrisvo on June 24, 2006)

simon

Reaction score
That's a great tiger salamander enclosure. Did you just buy the grass seeds at a garden center?

C

christian

Yes, just a cheap box without fertilizer* (*is that the right word?)

I hope they will keep it like it is, they already demolished some parts of the grass, but I will divide some more seeds on those parts....I won't let them win from me!!!
smile9.gif

P.S. :
If anybody get's hand on a piece of WorldCup grass, let me know, that will need a heavy sliding to get damaged, so looks nice in my enclosure
proud.gif

(Message edited by chrisvo on July 03, 2006)

J

jennifer

Also be sure the grass seed isn't treated with insecticide. When I checked a few years ago, Scott's brand claimed that their grass seed had no chemicals of any kind. I didn't have much luck growing it in a terrarium, I didn't have enough light.

Christian, your setups are great-looking, as always
happy.gif

(Message edited by jennewt on July 04, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!