Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Tank Setup...

N

nicole

I set this up and started cycling yesterday. Does this look like an okay setup to you guys? (Please note: the bottom of the tank is painted beige, but in the photos it comes across as me using far too much sand haha!)
66346.jpg
66347.jpg

P

phoebe

Nice tank, i would though suggesr more hding places and a stronger stand.

J

joan

You really coud use more hiding spaces. Terra cotta pots and PVC plastic tubes work well.

How many axies do you plan on housing in this?

Also, since you have supplimental lighting, I would get some live plants. Some are really easy to care for, such as hornwort or anubias nana. These are also beneficial after your tank has cycled because they help remove nitrates. And they look nice.

The stand is fine. Aquarium stands are made to hold the weight of an aquarium with water.

N

nicole

I just plan on one axy for now. Possibly more in the future.

A

alex

nice tank, i like the plant with the sunflower type thing on the right of the tank. nice guitar to:p

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
looks fine for a couple axolotls. Be sure the light doesn't heat it up to much. welcome to Caudata.org We're practically neighbors.

B

brett

Heh nice tank it looks nice and flash, culd do wid anutha cave or to, but it looks awesome,
smile.gif

N

nicole

I know Michael! Youre who I plan on getting the little guy from!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!