Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My eurycea cilligera seems to like climbing.

Thyroyalgeek

Reaction score
The little guy does it even in the day! He just sticks to the glass and sits there, I'll leave the room for FIVE minutes and see him climbing across the glass all the way to the other side of the tank, he's got the stickiest little orange feet. I'm starting to get worried since he's fallen off twice, if he gets startled he'll plop of the glass and land on the bottom. I'm thinking about taking down the tank for a bit so I can install a 3D background and some easier, less dangerous, "climbing areas". Should I worry about this? I don't want him to hurt himself by me running into the room, I have to tiptoe as not to startle him.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a quick Google and found lots of information about these little guys. Caudata has a good information sheet about them :-http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Eurycea/Eurycea_sp.shtml

What is it current set up like?

Cloppy

Reaction score
What temperature is the water? Mine eurycea cirrigea would climb the glass al the time because my water temp was 75 degrees F, Once I got the temp down to about 70ish, he stopped climbing, I might be totally wrong, but there is a possibillity that the water was too warm for him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!