Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Finally! Pachytriton breeding

jewett

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and I look forward to those pics. Just some questions - how small is small at the time of morphing and going terrestrial, and when did they start to morph/how long was the larval period? Look forward to more info,
Heather

henk_wallays

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
Hai ,

indeed Erik I bred 'C' but never had the luck of breeding the other types. Very recently I enherited a group of 7 pachytritons that were imported 14 years ago (and doing well) , so maybe this may help.
Anyway I reared the juveniles by forcing them into the water . I had a bare tank with about 2 cm of water and lots of Elodea in it (a green carpet of them) . The juveniles hated it alot and also climbed the glass walls , but after some days they remained in the water. At least until one morning I opened th curtains and direct sunlight heated up the tank , killing my offspring ( I cursed a long time, but it didn't help ;-).

angelpoe07

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if either of you had success after breeding Paramesotriton labiatus in the US?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!