Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Worried

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi, its Lisa here, i am worried about my 2 golden axolotls, There skin has turned really pink and has white fluff on there skin, one of them looks so sore that his skin is splitting near the spine well top of back i don't know what to do as i have gave them a good clean out, been giving them water changes to lower the temp with Putting ice blocks in there water, I think it could be stress related due to the weather changes we keep having, I would put them in the fridge but theres already another axolotl in there at the min as she stopped eating and going for a poop and was losing a lot of weight but now she is doing really well and eating and putting weight on again but don't want to put her back in with the girls till the weather is stable and a bit more cooler,but would really like to put the goldies in the fridge cause they look really sore, the other problem is that the fridge isn't bigger noth for 3 of them any suggestions would be good.

Thanks Lisa.

Aimee

Reaction score
Hi Lisa

Could you possibly post a photo of your axies and the "white stuff" they have on them?

Also, what are your water parameters and temp?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!