Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Plastic Barbed fitting safe??

Aesyir

Reaction score
Hello I am in the process of making a spraybar and I needed a barbed fitting to join my vinyl tube and pvc. I went to Home Depot and found a plastic barbed fitting. when I got home I noticed some text on the back, that says: "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.". I'm thinking thats some red flags if I have ever saw one but I just want to make sure because im not really in the mood to go online and buy a pvc one. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I have noticed alot of fake aquarium plants have this warning too not sure what that means though.

Aesyir

Reaction score
I did some research and supposedly it conforms to nsf 61 which means its safe for drinking water I think... if thats the case i guess its fine? What do you guys think?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!