Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello community

MattMaxx

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Erick, and I’m currently living in Indiana. Ever since I was in elementary school I was always interested in raising amphibians frogs mostly because I couldn’t find any salamanders anywhere. Currently I am interested in raising some Axolotls or salamanders if I could get a seller on here hopefully. On a side note I’ve also been interested in no filter or natural filter made with live plants. Thanks for having me in the community.

AuSu

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Check the For sale section to find some sellers or adult animals searching new home. In the meanwhile, you could already start a tank so it's cycled and ready when you get a pet. Just take a look which are the recommended sizes for axies so that it won't be too small. Good, easy plants with low light and no filter are in my opinion vallisneria, anubias, java fern and java moss and some floating plants - unfortunately I don't remember their english names ?

Viking

Reaction score
I am not sure where you are located in Indy. Tinley Park IL reptile expo will have a number of amphibians including some axolotls. It is about 1/2 hour past the border on I-80 near Chicago. There will be frogs and newts also. Plan for the day because it will take hours to look around. It is worth the money to enter. It is $15 each adult. Children are cheaper or free depending on age.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!