Hiding crickets

B

blance

I put 4 crickets in the tank with my spotted salamander. The salamander has buried himself. Now the crickets are nowhere in sight. How do I know if the salamander has eaten the crickets, or if the crickets are still in there somewhere? The material is bark.

In my opinion, if you remove all the ground clutter and they aren't there and there was little chance the crickets could have escaped, then they're being digested.

When it is dark listen for the chirping of the crickes. (this will only work if the crickets you put in where male).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back