The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 18th May 2008   #1
Fishy McFish
(ge0h0und)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ge0h0und has started on the right path
Default Best method of transferring larvae?

I was thinking of transferring some of the larger larvae to a new tub to keep the smaller ones away from them. Any idea what the best way of transferring them would be or should I just keep them all together until they get bigger? They're about 2 weeks old, and 3 of them are a bit longer than an inch, while the other 3rd are growing at a slower pace and are a bit below 1 inch or so.

ge0h0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008   #2
Eva
(blueberlin)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11
Default Re: Best method of transferrng larvae?

I use a small sauce ladle to catch and move my larvae. I'm afraid a net might hurt them, and with the ladle they are always in water.

blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008   #3
NZ Axie
(nzaxie)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: nzaxie has started on the right path
Default Re: Best method of transferrng larvae?

Just suck them up in an appropriate sized clear hose and let them out in their new home - works for me

nzaxie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
larvae, method, transferring