Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Plant fertilisers/Co2 ?

R

rob

Hi
can anyone tell me if it's ok to use aquarium plant fertilisers with Axies ? if so which kind do u recommend ? also does any one use co2 here and would this also harm my axies ?

S

stipe

I use both CO2 nd plant fertilisers. CO2 can make the water very acidic and is not recomended for people whos water supply is very soft. Luckly here in aus out water is good, well the one here in nsw is. Ive used C02 in my tanks ever since i first got them. It has only slightly changed my ph from 7.4 to 7.0. Its not a dramatic fall but i keep it steady at 7.2

As for the fierilizer, 'Flourish' by seachem is my top recomended brand. You can get different size bottles but the larg one is the cheapest ( always buy in bulk) The packetching has 'Flourish' written on the top with nice green leaves/plants spread across the label.

I would read the contents but hte bottles downstairs and its time for bed. Mabey tommorow.

IF you want the instuctions for a homemade CO2 reactor just pm me, wait on other hands i dont kno how to read thos messeges, unles you tell me
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!