Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Rana Sylvatica Color Morph?

eyrops

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this. If it is any consolation, you are most certainly not the only one to lose an amphibian to heat. If you look at old posts, you will see that clearly. You have learned a very tough lesson. Don't let it stop you, but let it guide you. Be very conservative about maximum temperatures for amphibians. I lost a Xenopus (African underwater frog) to heat on a move last summer because I just thought that one was tropical enough to be OK. I was far more careful with my other amphibians, so they made it.

-Steve Morse

featherbutt

Reaction score
I've seen metallic-blue phase green frogs before in Nova Scotia. They can be very blue, or just on the head, They also occur in brown to olive, and occasionally a bright turbo green all over. Though brown legs, fading to dark green at the nose seems to be the most common ive seen. Blue is exceptionally rare, and I never seem to encounter them at ponds. Usually in pastures, away from regular habitats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!