Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Green Anole was attacked.... by ants!

AxolotlLover12

Reaction score
I was at a museum with my mom yesterday, and my sister sent us a text that my poor little green anole had been attacked by ants and unfortunately passed.. he was a male that ate crickets every other day. The ants had also gotten into his food before, and I had to do the little ant killing trick without spray to get rid of them. He was in a 10 gallon tank with eco-earth soil in the bottom. I sprayed him 3 times everyday; in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening.

The thing that I want to know is why the ants were attacking him? If anybody knows, please tell me..

tundrabadger

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. It's been quite some time since I had a pet that wasn't aquatic or a dog (I did once have a golden retriever who aspired to be both), so I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like it, but it's possible that there are different species of ants in Texas that behave differently from the ones here, and i do know some species can be pretty....i don't know if aggressive is the right word, but something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!