Question: Best Places to Get Used/Cheap 20 Gal Tanks?

rmschilling

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
FloofyAxolotl
Hiya! A friend of mine is looking to purchase an Axolotl for herself and I wanted to help her out by asking around for any cheaper tank options out there! If anyone could recommend some cheap options or is perhaps looking to sell an old tank they wouldn't need anymore it would be greatly appreciated! :p

Craigslist is good for used tanks. I got my 55g, stand and accessories free there. Might not find such a great deal but people are always trying to sell old tanks for cheap. Always bring a friend and tell another person where you're going when picking up tho . Best of luck

I actually got my 20 long from Petsmart (I don't know if that exists where you live but it's a big chain pet store here in Canada) for 30$. Cheaper than any tank I could find on used sites.

So keep an eye out for sells.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back