Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How's your experiences on blind posting?

tipnatee

Reaction score
Since it's off topic , and I'm not try to get all serious or crazy on this question ? . I just kinda want to know y'all opinions on how you all feels or your motivation on posting your post, thread and topics here so far? Cause As truly blind suggestions, questions and answer effects over different time periods of reading , judging, believing, learning, shocking discovering of new ,old, and innovative informations sharing creating over long period of time collecting on this site. When I say blind posting I meant in the sense like blind testing, blind dating, blind conversationing that you have in no way of knowing which are the true and real background & experiences of whoever on the other side will take , read, effects, responds, or post reply next since therefore this is still an online public forum. So how is your experiences on blind posting so far?

Mine experiences so far as blind as I can be. I find it most educationally responding by dividedly clear and unclear ideas written with background knowledges between online info ( here and other sites) , from books that have not yet made it to online public info , and tons of researches. Which's why it's so compelling about posting anything on this forum , I never know who's truly exactly on the other end replied or judged while all the conversation records are permanent. Don't get me wrong , I do know that all of the public forum situations in the world will always be the same no matter where I go. But unlike web MD, YouTube , or etc. I believe this place have good quality followers. I enjoy idea of old school meet new school, all wonder world of diy economically saving, natural vs artificial raising environment, behavior studies, and genetic studies ( which still need lots of help? ). I think on this site I might need to hold off public opinion agree or disagreeable , cause outside of this site I still get lots of multiple emails on my personal email account for advices, help and I starting to see the butterfly effect do to collectively posts recorded on here. So when somebody mention that there aren't many reliable poster replying on thread lately I staring to see why. It's paradoxically problem. ? Like anti-sodium movement. That's my experience of blind posting so far. What's yours?

Blackbun

Reaction score
In my experience of Caudata, we have a community of enthusiasts who have a passion for their subject. A very real desire to learn about their animals so as to further their knowledge of these animals both in the wild and in captivity. They bring with them, honesty for example in admitting a lack of understanding and seek understanding. They bring unparalleled first hand experience, combined with research through reading which they share as advice. They are open to gaining further insight and at every stage they put the well being of the animals first whether they are talking about captives in a small tank or endangered species at the mercy of collectors. I have only ever seen a respectful attitude on here which is, sadly, often misssing else where. I don't think posts are put out blindly like some hopeful angler.They are put out knowing that someone with something worthy to say, will respond if they are able to.

tipnatee

Reaction score
I don't think posts are put out blindly like some hopeful angler.They are put out knowing that someone with something worthy to say, will respond if they are able to.

Of course!, I blindly doubt that also. Cause even I have to be under influence of some sort of drinks to put out blindly like some hopeful angler ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1