Guppies

1 have four adult axolotls in a 4 foot long tank would it be possible and recommended to keep around 4-8 rosys in there with them?

They'd get eaten pretty fast, so yeah. I just wouldn't recomend putting in more than they can eat in a day or two.

I found some rosys today at a pet store (most places dont have them around here) so I picked em up cuz I got 2 dozen for 2 bucks and I'm just keeping them in a seperate tank for now and I'll feed some to mine in a couple weeks (to make sure there are no problems). How fast do these bad boys grow? anyone know?
PS I might not even feed them I just wanted to get them cuz they won't be there tomorrow.

Rosies are the same as guppies in that they can carry diseases. Any feeder fish can carry diseases.

i breed guppies and endler's (a close relative) to feed my axos, but i feed a lot of animals, breed my own, got them from private hobbyist stock, and put only 1 small, usually baby, guppy in with each axo at a time. i can't imagine the trouble i go to would be worthwhile if you didn't have a lot of animals.

Rosy's are a lot less likely to carry disease than guppies though. Your chances of them transmitting anything to what you are feeding them to is about 10% of what it is with guppies. And Grant, they do grow rather quickly and can get quite large.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back