Juvie C. Orientalis(terrestrial phase)

End

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Display Name
luca
This is one of my 6 C.orientalis , the others are all acquatic but this one is not ready yet , he/she eating well on chopped earthworm very small freshly shed mealworms and some drosophila.
This is my first post here , this site is just awesome and really informative so congrats to everyone. Ps: english is not my leanguage, im sorry for the grammar error ect
Now the pics:happy:

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

another set of pictures
004-1.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

thanks for looking

What an incredibly cute little guy! Seems that it is quite healthy, keep up the good work. Its nice to see more and more C. orientalis morphs!

Thanks for sharing.

Mitch

thank you , he/she eating quite well and seems healthy , personally i love when they are terrestrial

Wow! Make sure to get some of those pictures into the calendar competition (if it's not too late). She's beautiful, and those really are fabulous pictures.

It´s not CB though, is it?
It´s a nice looking fella, but it doesn´t look to be a juvenile, it looks adult.

It´s not CB though, is it?
It´s a nice looking fella, but it doesn´t look to be a juvenile, it looks adult.

hi , they are CB , a friend of mine who breed C.Orientalis gave me 6 freshly morphed animals more ore less 7months ago, the were so small, the acquatic one's are around 6 to 8 cm (2-3inch) this one is almost 5 cm

I agree with azhael, mainly because of the eye size. Terrestial orientalis are beautiful with their grey skin, but i prefer keeping them in water. Pictures are very good, newt looks like female to me.

I agree with azhael, mainly because of the eye size. Terrestial orientalis are beautiful with their grey skin, but i prefer keeping them in water. Pictures are very good, newt looks like female to me.

thank you , yes they are around 8months old, so sub-adult adult is the right description for them

terrestrial fire bellies look awesome with the dry skin look. Great pictures guy!

That is one beautiful lady you got there. The pictures look like how my old set up was for them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back