P.Waltl Pics and a video

End

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Display Name
luca
Finally i was able to find some healthy P.waltl in a local fish store , They are 3 , 2 are 12cm and 1 is 6 cm, the bigger two are in a 80cm X 58X 42 vivarium 130 liter (inch 31 X 23 X 15 34 gallon) , i keep the small one alone in a large fauna box with many plants.
I must say that Pleurodeles are so fun , they are active , big , hardy and "fierce" , not the most colorful species but very interesting and fun to keep and watch.
now the pics
file_2861.jpg

file_2858.jpg

file_2852.jpg

file_2854.jpg

the little one
file_2862.jpg

file_2863.jpg

a short video (you can see another newts related vids on my account)
YouTube - 030

thanks for watching
ps: the pics are not the best for sexing this guy , but if you can would be great thanks

Great pics and video. They seem very interested in the camera. Now I understand why they are so popular.

Hey! Good choice of species! I have 4 of these and LOVE them - they 'beg' for food when they see any face looking over the top of the tank and they are very interested in what goes on close to the tank.

Yes, not the most beautiful species, but they make up for that with lots of character!

What a bunch of cuties! They are begging fools, I love it. Thanks for the shots/video.

Mitch

thanks everyone for the nice comments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back