First T.dobrogicus morph.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
So i finally have my very first T.dobrogicus morph and it´s a whopper! At 9,5 cm long, it´s amost 2,5cm bigger than it´s parents when i first got them. Hell, it´s mother is around 13 cm long...i can´t help but think this is a biiiiig morph. I´ve been waiting for this moment for quite some time :)

You can still see the gill buds as it hasn´t yet fully finished the process. It has taken this larva almost 6 months to reach metamorphosis, and i´ve really enjoyed the whole process. There´s a younger sibling who looks like he is going to be just as big (unfortunately while on vacation i lost several larvae, presumably due to cannibalism). The two of them beg for food just as their parents, and it´s been soooo easy to take care of them since they were 3cm or so...they even take pellets, which i think has contributed to their well development and good size.

Anyway, here is my pride and joy :)

Attachments

• P1070236666666.JPG
    P1070236666666.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 495
Very very good news!

Congratulations!

What a big morph! It appears to me it has been a good week for many folks with morphs!

Thank you :)
It´s that time of the year Johnny xDD

Nice looking T. Dobrogicus. I produced some this year aswell. I just recently visited a friend who had recieved some larvae from me and his morphed not long ago. I think it was about 1 month ago, and his male already has a slight crest and it seems his crest is getting larger as the days past. Keep us updated!

My largest adult female is almost 8 inches (20cm). My smallest adult is the male which is 6.5 inches long(16.25cm). I have one morph as well. He is 3 inches(7.5cm). My biggest and oldest larvae is 4 inches(12.5cm) and isnt too close to morphing. I have too many larvae since I'm only keeping 1 or 2 and I have 40-55 larvae. I am going on vacation soon. I hope my larvae dont eat one another while I am gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back