Weird toe thing? White blob?

Rhii

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi!

I posted a little while back about my new guy, Guadalupe. Luckily for me he eats regularly now and is fattening up at a good speed.

Just this morning I noticed on his back left foot, on his one toe he has a white circle-shaped...form...on it. I don't know what it is, I thought it may have been food or some sort of weird debris stuck to him, but he swam around and I realized its part of his toe!

What could it be? An infection? New growing toe?
Thanks!

Photo??
most likely a re growth of a damaged toe.
when they regrow toes/limbs they are often deformed/not normal.
sometimes they even grow back a whole extra leg

I would also say it's probably some sort of odd regrowth, several of mine have funny old toes but they're nothing to worry about! Also whenever I've encountered fungus I know what it is straight away, it has such a strange cotton wooly consistency. As long as axolotl is eating well and seems healthy in all other aspects I'm sure its fine. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back