Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please help w/ tank cycling

snowbutton

Reaction score
I have been letting my filter run my 30 gallon tank for over a week now, and i got my baby axe in it the day before yesterday, but last night i learned that there is a possibility that i could have chlorine in the water. HOW do i remove it now that he is already in the water ???

ALSO how do i remove ammonia and nitrite ???: Will getting live plants help ???

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Your fun is about to begin. You need water conditioner like prime or reptisafe. Pluse Api master test kit you will runout of test stripes before your tank cycles. You should remove your axolotl and put him in a container with the water you treat with prim or reptisafe. You probably will need to change your axolotl water daily in the new container. It will take about six weeks to cycle your aquarium with fedder fish or chemicals I would not use chemicals. If you can get a piece of filter from cycled tank its way faster depending on aquarium size and size of used filter you get. Plants should speed up the process. If you have city water you have chlorine if you have a private well you should be safe but still could have heavy metals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!