Photo: Cracked Axolotl Tank

Michailar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Help! I bought a 29-gallon glass aquarium for my axolotl but when I got it home I found a chip in the corner. This was the only 29 gallon in stock and I also live 40 minutes away from the store. Is there any way to fix it? I bought it from Pet Supplies Plus because they price matched Petco's $1 per gallon sale. I filled the tank up halfway and it hasn't leaked.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 216
I think it might be fine as is but you could reinforce it with silicone glue if it makes you feel better.

That defect is in the seam, and I would not trust it to not give out later. It'll be less of a pain to get a new tank now than to deal with the emergency and clean up the mess if it gives out later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back