Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Feeding pipas?

P

paris

ok all i know they will eat for sur is feeder goldies and worms. i am told goldies are bad-so i guess i can get other live fish, but i really dont have easy access to them. i have offered them worms and they like them fine, but when offered crayfish or ghost shrimp they just let them walk all over them (and snails too). i tried offering a cube of beefheart but they fled from that....so what else can i offer them to round off their diet?

E

edward

Hi Paris,
The ones I had at work would take beef heart so I am surprised to see that yours refused it. I have on occasion also fed them pinks, and pieces of shrimp but I mainly fed them earthworms that were kept in calcium enriched soil. They were also allowed to feed ad lib on the guppy colony I kept in the tank.
I would suggest e-mailing Mike Shrom as I know he has a lot of interest in these and may have some more information to share on what people have been feeding them in captivity.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!