Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cynops pyrrhogaster juveniles movement

idontthinkso

Reaction score
When is it safe to put juveniles into water ?

What age / what length?

They are currently on paper towels.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Juveniles Pyrrho's can be very temperamental when it comes to going aquatic.
With mine, I removed the towels and added about 1 cm of water to their tub, added lots and lots of plants and only offered food in the water, ideally daphnia and small blood worm. Most would happily start to paddle and submerge....some would refuse and would cling to the sides of the tub and avoid water contact. I had one that took so long, that I had to add a cork island...eventually he gave in and now merrily swims with all the others.

idontthinkso

Reaction score
Some weeks ago i had put water at one side of their tub, but they didnt go for it :p I didnt put food in it , though 1 earthworm seemed to somehow like the water, but i think that earthworm was too big anyway what age / length were yours ?

sde

Reaction score

idontthinkso

Reaction score
Thanks Seth ! I have already read those articles, thats why i am raising my own larvae aquatic. But i was asking this for some juveniles i have bought from a guy who raised them this way, i was wondering when to move them to a tank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!