Winter for a toad...

lims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Sam
I keep my Bufo bufo in the shed in a large box with soil and leaves.
I hand feed him earth worms every few days, he eats less now its got colder.
I would like to keep him in my bedroom so feeding and interacting is easier.
I am inclined to keep him in the shed where it is more of a natural cold winter climate.
What are peoples thoughts on keeping him warmer indoors over winter..?

Attachments

• crop toad better.jpg
    crop toad better.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC_0247.jpg
    DSC_0247.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 475
Well, he'll grow more and faster if he's up during the winter. I took a baby Bufo Bufo/Fowleri Hybrid (I THINK its a hybrid, I cant tell which it is for sure) inside since he was still not tunneled in the "Toad House" outside. Its essentially a big hole next to our house where they've lived for a LONG time. He was still dragging himself along and not burrowed a day or two before/after a snow storm. I can't remember which. So I brought him in and he's quite gluttonous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back