The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 21st March 2006   #1
genevieve

Gallery Images:
Comments:

In my two years with Milo I've never had a water problem until I got some new strips today. My readings have always been normal, but now I'm getting:

Ph: 7.6 (normal)
Ammonia: 0 (normal)
Nitrate: 0 (normal)
Nitrite: 10 ppm (What?!)

Any ideas on this one? I switched to the Jungle strips if that helps. Thank you!

Old 21st March 2006   #2
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

are you sure you didnt get nitrite and nitrate mixed up? cause its more normal to have 10ppm with nitrate. i suspect your new kits are off, do you have access to another test kit (ie LFS tests it) to see what the readings are on that one? they can vary quite a bit between brands but theres a serious problem if the nitrite reading is true (and i think your axie would be showing signs of it), if it turns out there isnt any nitrite get your money back!

Old 22nd March 2006   #3
genevieve

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I quadruple checked that I didn't mix up the nitrate and nitrite readings and I had it right, but I just realized the strips expired a year ago. Maybe that's what's wrong, lol...

Old 23rd March 2006   #4
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

could very well be lol, let us know what the real readings are haha

Tags
broken, strips, test

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th October 2019, 23:42 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.