Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi from Liverpool

Garysgirl

Reaction score

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I'm from Liverpool, England in the UK. I'm 26 and have a lovely axolotl called Gary.He's only 9 months old but already nearly half the length of his 2ft tank!I hope to meet some axolotl enthusiasts to talk all things axolotl and get some sound advice. Any general advice on keeping an axy would be appreciated. I've posted in the Sick Axolotl section about feeding advice, but had no response yet. If anyone could offer any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Nice to meet you all!

Laura
:p

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. :happy:
Sorry you haven't had a response with regards to feeding advice. I'll go to that section and have a look for your post.
You will also find some useful information in the following links.
Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander
Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma mexicanum - Axolotl
I have only been keeping axolotls for less than 2 months. I bought 3 juveniles, around 5-6cm (1 wild type and 2 coppers) at end of Feb/early March. Roughly a week or so after that I collected 3 almost mature axolotls, around 20-25cm (1 wild type and 2 leucistic with freckles), from someone who had to get rid of theirs. The older ones matured over Easter and they are all males. I have posted pictures in my album.
Please post some pictures of Gary, I'd love to see him. :D

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
Hey Laura, welcome to the forum! ☺️
I'm 26 as well haha and I have three Axolotl, the oldest two are about 4 months old and I'm not sure how old the youngest is as I got it from a pet store instead of a breeder! ?
Like Donna said, you should post some pics of Gary, what type of Axolotl is he?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!