Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Feeding Issues?

RoreyRoreyRorey

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the ideal diet for tiger salamanders is. I have been having trouble feeding my two tiger salamanders. The previous owner of Salaman Grundy fed her nearly a hundred crickets a week, so she was obese when I got her. I’ve weaned her down to 30 crickets a week, but she isn’t losing weight. I have tried feeding her worms, but they frighten her and she will not touch them. Any suggestions on helping her lose weight?

Toothless on the other hand isn’t eating. He has only eaten 2-3 pinhead crickets since he morphed two weeks ago and I’m starting to get very worried. He won’t take worms either. Should I be worried? Is there a way to force feed him or should I take a trip to the vet?

RoreyRoreyRorey

Reaction score
Little Toothless has finally started eating again! The problem has resolved itself. But does anyone have any advice on helping Salaman to lose weight?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!