Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Lotl color

Kitan

Reaction score
So, I've had this little guy about 3 weeks now and he's grown nearly an inch! With this growth, I've really started to notice my wee melanoid has a white belly! Is that normal? I'm really new to this, so I worry a lot ?

Attachments

• 20191123_172935.jpg
    20191123_172935.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 20191118_200410.jpg
    20191118_200410.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 117

EllieWind

Reaction score
Yup! Totally normal. My melanoid girl has a white-ish belly too. :)

Kitan

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the confirmation! I love the white belly, just wanted to make sure it wasn't because something is wrong ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1