Toy/Model Fire Salamanders!

Mike Gent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Mike G
Hello fellow Caudate Loonies!

Thought you might be interested in a toy Salalmandra that my son bought recently.

I have never seen any models/toys of this species (Let alone decent versions of any Caudates for that matter) so was quite impressed with this one!

5" long, reasonable detail and quite life like from a small distance (My wife thought one had escaped at least!!!!)

If any body is interested you could contact the model/toy/craft shop we bought it from:-

F J SOAR,
25, Victoria Road,
Mablethorpe,
Lincolnshire,
England,
LN12 2AF.

We paid £3.00 and i am sure the kind old lady who owns the shop would post them out to any interested.

Has anybody else ever seen models/toys of Fires or similar?

Best wishes to you all,

Mike

Attachments

• 100_1069.jpg
    100_1069.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9,696
Yes, you see them pretty often in souvenir shops from a zoo here in Holland. I even got a fire salamander puzzle. Maybe you see it more often here because it's illegal to keep them here, except for corsica and algira...

Hi, Mike I also have some very realistic looking models of Fires, and also Ambystomatids and Plethodontids. The Tennesee Aquarium (U.S.A.) put out a whole series in the late 1990's. I'm not sure if they are still available, but I think they have a website you can check.

You should search the web for SOMSO moddels, they are the best.
But also expensive!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back