Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Summer Fun

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To reward both myself and my dear axolotls after a horrible start to year 2009, I purchased another four foot tank. After a great deal of humming and harring I've finally finished both tanks...

This one took me hours - you wouldn't believe how long it took to position that large jug ornament in the middle...askew mind you, askew!

picture.php

A nice close up of that Jug with a Mug inside its handle (aka Merry). I don't know why he does the things he does...I don't think he does either!

picture.php

Did I mention he loves this jug? I'm hoping he'll come out one day...24 hours and counting lol

picture.php

I don't seem to have the knack for cameras - this one is an improvement over the old one though and here is my favorite tank:

picture.php

That's all for now!

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Jacq,

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! How many axies live in the new tank now Jacq? I can see three but are there any hiding?

Where did you get that jug ornament. It really is a centrepiece. I like those terracotta jugs/pots as well.

If you are absolutely bored one day, why not come to my house in sydney and help set up my new 6 foot tank lol.

Hugs:love:

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jacq,

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! How many axies live in the new tank now Jacq? I can see three but are there any hiding?

There are three axies (so far! ;)) in each tank.

Where did you get that jug ornament. It really is a centrepiece. I like those terracotta jugs/pots as well.

It was a lucky find - I've never seen it anywhere else. I purchased it from a small aquarium in Altona North (Suburb in Melbourne). Great little shop!

The axies really do love those amphoras, they are in them all the time (particuarly Mr Jug Head). I had one already, and found the second in that great little aquarium as well. Even better, all ornaments were on special 20% off - so I said MINE! :D

If you are absolutely bored one day, why not come to my house in sydney and help set up my new 6 foot tank lol.

I would love too lol! I'm my own worst Drill Sergeant...

hahaha merry is such a ham!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Why thank you M'dear! :D

lisalee2

Reaction score
What a lovely tank set up, How big is your tank in foot, im thinking of changing my 3 axolotl tanks soon give them some more hides just make it diffrent for them.

SUZY

Reaction score
Awesome set up!!
And I've read that Axolotl's don't climb. I have big rocks and slate in mt 100gal. and they actually climb all the time. Plenty of hiding places, but love to pile up on one another, like rat's.

optimist

Reaction score
Your tanks are wonderful -- your interior designer's eye (askew etc) has certainly reaped dividends.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!