Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Summer course to look into "Conservation Biology of Amphibians" 5/28 - 6/9

K

kara

I am starting University in Windsor this fall, I WISH they offered courses like that! I hope to go on in biology, become a biology teacher. It is too bad the course isn't offered online!

P

paris

i have gotten the professors permission,my bosses permission and a promise of paid airfare from my mother (shes got bookoo frequent flier miles). there is also an option for an additional 80$ to get 4 full credits for the course through one of the 2 colleges sponsoring it (UNC Chapel Hill or Western Carolina University). is no one else interested? they rotate courses every other year, next year it will be the course on plethodontid salamanders ( http://www.wcu.edu/hbs/nextyrcourses.htm ),that one fills up fast i am told.

P

paris

p.s. if you go to the page for 'next years courses' (link is above). and click on required reading there are a few interesting pdf files on it.
..Discovery of the first Asian plethodontid salamander.....The courtship of plethodontid salamanders...Life history evolution and adaptive radiation in hemidactyliine salamanders.....and many more!

K

kaysie

If I wasn't already doing some (what I'll call) herp work this summer, and had the money, it would definitely be awesome.

Maybe next year...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!