Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Help with chiller

Chalmers732

Reaction score
So I have a 20-gallon tank housing 2 axolotls. I have been trying to install a chiller but I'm having issues. I have tried 2 different chillers (active aqua and Marineland) and they have both RAISED the tank temp. The compressor turns on and off on both of them. The active aqua is 1/10 hp and the Marineland is 1/4 hp. I used a 440gph pump on both. Am I doing something wrong or are both the chiller junk? Help please, I hate having to keep my room at 68 degrees 24/7.

Nativenewt

Reaction score
As long as your room doesn't get above 75 ish degrees Fahrenheit for long periods of time, you won't need a chiller.

shadowfox306

Reaction score
The problem is that it can be difficult to keep a room that cool, depending on where you live. A chiller is a nice in case of emergency item in case of a heat wave and less of a hassle than frozen bottles of water which is a quick temp fix at best.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!