Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

When should I sell my Axies & for How much???

V

victoria

Hi, Eventually I will have about 20 beautiful Golden Axies for sale, I have spoken to a local fishery, who have sold axies before and he said he would take 10 from me,
My questions are:
*When are they ready to go to new homes?
*How much do I sell them to him for?
*And What is a reasonable price to sell them for on here?
Thanks xx

A

alex

hi
1) they are ready to go to new homes when they are around 3 inches, without any deseases, and fully formed.
2)i personally sell them to fish shops for around £7.50 depending on size, but then i get a very good deal because i know the shop owner.
3)presuming you mean the for sale section, i would have alook at shops in the local area, and see how much they are charging, and also by looking at the current for sale section, and seeing how much axies are going for.

V

victoria

Thanks, im not sure of what to do because we havent spoken about price.. and i know he has brought axie before, and i dont now for how much, i dont want to risk insulting him and have him not buy them because I need the room!

V

victoria

Can anyone else tell me what they have sold theres for to shops??

I

ian

hi Vicky...they sell where i live in shops for between 20 and 30 pounds ,i would'nt let them go to a shop for less than £7.50 ..think what it has cost you to get them to that size in daphnia and blood worm alone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1