Hello from PA! I am currently looking for an Axolotl to love!

HowToAxolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ryan
Hello,

My name is HowToAxolotl (Ryan,) and this is my first post on Caudata.com. I am currently 20 years old (21 in July,) and I am going to school for Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Marketing, as well as an Accounting minor. I have a pet cat, name Dundee, and a 10 gallon tank of Dalmatian Mollies, Zebra Danios, a Mystery Snail, and a little herd of ghost shrimp :D

Anyways, I live around the Philadelphia, PA area, and I am looking to buy my first Axolotl!

I can only find breeders who are located far outside of my state, thus it costs quite a lot of money to have my little guy shipped. :( Do you know any pet/aquatic stores or breeders located around the Philadelphia area?

I am totally willing to drive a distance to pick one of these little guys up! :] Also, if YOU sell Axolotls, I AM willing to have them mailed... I just am looking for a more reasonable shipping rate that I am finding elsewhere.

That's a little about me, now tell me about yourself! Thanks!

Hello Otterwoman!

Yeah, I have noticed that there are quite a few PA axie breeders within a fair distance of my residence. Now I just need to find some with fair prices :p

Hello! Welcome to Caudata!
When I purchased my little dudes I had two and with the cost of them, plus shipping, it came to around $60. Is this a reasonable price for you?

Hello! Welcome to Caudata!
When I purchased my little dudes I had two and with the cost of them, plus shipping, it came to around $60. Is this a reasonable price for you?

In the grand-scheme of things, no, that is not unreasonable. But I have had multiple people offer 2 axies for under $35, so it wouldn't be the economical choice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back