Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Gold axie is dead

Yubel

Reaction score
For those that don't know about my little gold axie,
I got him in "damaged" shape. He was missing a leg and part of his tail.
The leg showed signs of regeneration but stopped and after a while the part that had regenerated was suddenly gone.
Alongside that, the tail, instead of improving started to get worse. He stopped eating and overall behaved dead before ... well, his actual death.
I took him instead of the other axies because of his flaws. I was afraid he'd be left behind because of it and so I wanted to take care of him.
I had to separate him from my other somewhat bigger girl because I thought she was stressing him out.
After some time he did show signs of improvement in his body language but the way his body started to look kind of frightened me. I searched around but never really found anything that helped me so all I could do was hope.
As I said he started losing parts that were regenerating and instead those parts started to "eat away" at him, degenerating in other words.
And now the faithful moment came along, this morning I cleaned out his box and (tried to) fed him, everything seemed normal and then I went off to my mom's place to babysit my brothers.
A good 12 hours later, I'm back home and there he is ... upside down, on the bottom of his box, mouth open and more white than gold ...

Not entirely sure what it was that got to him, especially since the other girl is so healthy and has no problems, except for being extremely sensitive to light.
Also not sure what to do with him .... I can't bury him since by law it has to be a certain depth and well it's a thin layer of dirt and stone directly underneath it ...
I don't really feel okay with the idea of flushing him down the toilet or anything like that either >.>

PS: do axies get lonely, cuz my black one is now all alone ... she's rather used to it but still

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The consensus is that axies and salamanders don't get lonely, that is just a human perception since we can.

Yubel

Reaction score
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The consensus is that axies and salamanders don't get lonely, that is just a human perception since we can.

That is kind of good to hear but I think I will still get a second one (a gold one again) but I want them to be similar sizes now.
He/she will also cost me less because I explained what happened in the pet store and they'll give me a discount.

I was really hoping he'd get better tho :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!