New Taricha Social Group!

oregon newt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Will
Calling all Taricha keepers! Calling all Taricha keepers! There is a new social group for all of those who find these little creatures awesome. Come on and join! Hopefully, we'll be able to do something meaningful with this social group other than making a few threads and coming back every few week asking if anybody still checks them. Maybe we can have a discussion in the chat about breeding them, their native habitats, toxcitity, etc.

Hi,

I would be interested, what is planned or what should i do?

Uwe

YAY! I joined the group last week. Taricha is my favorite!! They were my first critter and they are close to my heart! I miss ling in the Pacific North West and watching their great migrations back to the pond. I once saw one sitting up like a dog ( I was 8 years old) on the side of the road and I never forgot how much I wanted to put it in my pocket.

I would be interested in joining in. I no longer have my Taricha but can't wait to get another! I miss them.

I would also like to join the group if possible!

Greetings Marcus

Hello to all, of all the species that I support, the taricha torosa are my preferred with difference.

I consult very much this forum but for my English evil, do not intervene very much, have 3 tarichas torosa and if some day I learn to put photos in this forum, I will publish them.

Always I copy the url of imageshak and stick it in the option of photos of the forum, but when pre visualize, they never go out.

Some day, a greeting.

Where do I sign up??

I am not keeping any Tarichas at the moment but im interested in getting some new ones. the last time I kept one was more than 10 years ago.

Used to keep these about 10 years ago and wish I could find some more now.

Tarichas are amazing! I just put 2 pictures up in the gallery. They seem to be hard to come by; I swooped some from otterwoman a few months ago. They have tons of personality in captivity. I'm also lucky enough to live in the PNW and have seen them several times in the wild - I found a pond full of 6-8" specimens once while hiking in the mountains before I got into salamanders. They are definitely my favorites.
Someday I will have a garter snake habitat below my taricha tank to observe the evolutionary arms race in my living room! (well, evolutionary stand-off, since no one will be getting eaten/poisoned).

This started 3 years ago.

This group is found here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back