Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: What is this? How do i treat it?

Jawdoss

Reaction score
HI. My Axie (Juanita) has a white spot on her tail right behind her back legs.
Does anyone know what this is?
Is ti contagious to my other axie?
How do i treat it?
Please help :)

IMAG0563.jpg
IMAG0564.jpg

layna

Reaction score
Im not sure what were supposed to be looking at but the markings look like natural iridophores to me :p

Jawdoss

Reaction score
Im not sure what were supposed to be looking at but the markings look like natural iridophores to me :p

Ill take another photo. Im not sure if its just her natural markings or if it is a fungus or something like that to be worried about. (yes i know she's over weight :( )
Here it is:
IMAG0564.jpg

layna

Reaction score
Fungus sticks off the body and is a bit like cotton wool, have you tried rubbing it gently? What does it feel like?
Also if you shine a light on it, is it shiny/reflective?

It looks normal to me but you can wait for other people opinions :D

bingfisk

Reaction score
I hope it's nothing.

I have a axie with at spot that looks a bit like that, but its been there for a long time and doesen't seem to bother it at all.

Is it growing or something like that. If not id say that it's just an odd spot.

Jawdoss

Reaction score
I hope it's nothing.

I have a axie with at spot that looks a bit like that, but its been there for a long time and doesen't seem to bother it at all.

Is it growing or something like that. If not id say that it's just an odd spot.

Nope not growing. Hopefully it is an odd spot, and nothing serious….. We will soon find out i guess.

bingfisk

Reaction score
Nope not growing. Hopefully it is an odd spot, and nothing serious….. We will soon find out i guess.

as long as it isn't lokking ill.:happy: but in case it does (i guess you already would) i would still reccomend this page/forum.

Petersgirl

Reaction score
I agree with Layna. The torch test will ease your worries - shine a torch at the spot and if it is shiny and reflects back then there's a pretty high chance it's a natural iridophore and completely harmless. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1