Can't wait to be an Axolotl Momma!

Sb5366

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently discovered these amazing adorable animals and am so excited to have a few. I live in Blaine, MN which is a northern suburb of the Twin Cities. I am married with two kids a boy and girl 17 months and almost 4 months.
I am a huge animal lover and have had a variety of lizards as well as fish (and everything else under the sun lol). I also worked in a pet store when I was younger, went to college for Vet Tech, and was a licensed wildlife rehabber for the DNR here in MN.
I am very obsessive about learning as much as possible about my interests so this site is great for me!
I am looking at a 20 gallon long and two Axolotls at this time.
I am very concerned with having optimal living conditions so my little guys are as happy as possible so I am sure you all will see a lot of me!

There is a reptile show in my area Sept 17-18 and I intend to get my guys then...

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back