Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How do i get pay

gregory741

Reaction score
I am giving away 2 eastern newts and Xavier and me can't fid out how he will pay for shipping? how does everyone pay???

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I always get paid by paypal, money order, or check. Paypal is easiest. Money order is cheaper and doesn't involve as many fees. Check is cheap but not as dependable.

jbherpin

Reaction score
Selling wild collected animals is not considered a good practice. Also there are laws in place in many states that protect animals from wild collection and distribution, have you any permits??? The practice of wild collection for sale puts a tremendous strain on populations and is, in my opinion, selfish and short sighted. By taking an animal from it's home in the wide's of nature and expecting it to be happy/healthy and behave naturally/normally in a restricted environment is silly. There is a reason CB is so strongly supported and in most cases legal... CB examples have never known a free life and will be far more likely to breed in captivity, and also are generally far more healthy and parasite free, etc. I would urge you to reconsider this endeavor. Please don't over collect for selfish reasons.

JBear

C

Cliygh and Mia

He's not selling them, they are free to good home, and the only reason we are talking about money, is I have to figure out how to pay for shipping

jbherpin

Reaction score
He's not selling them, they are free to good home, and the only reason we are talking about money, is I have to figure out how to pay for shipping

That has nothing to do with the core issue. Depleting wild populations and distributing is the heart of the matter.

JBear

C

Cliygh and Mia

Oh, I understand now. But they have been in captivity for a while, so I don't think he can release them though

C

Cliygh and Mia

You do realize, that most of my animals are wild caught right? I think now that even the leo's are wild caught, knowing my petstores...

gregory741

Reaction score
I will not take any more from the wild and I could release some of the small larva back where I found the adults (if it's legal)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I will not take any more from the wild and I could release some of the small larva back where I found the adults (if it's legal)

You would have to check your state regulations but in most states it is not legal to release salamander back to the wild.

I wouldn't worry about it. All captive bred amphibians came from wild caught founding stock at some time. Over collection can be a problem. You should look into your state and local regulations to be sure you follow them.

gregory741

Reaction score
I have looked into the regulations and I am following them as far as I know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!