Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl colours

Kudos

Reaction score
My golden albino female axolotl (George) and wildtype male (Kai) bred last year.
Out of the 50 babies i raised
2 were grey, they have a sort of leucistic coloured blueish black eyes, they began as a purple colour and the one i kept has gone darker grey now.
1 was white with leucistic eyes
about 10 were black
half of the rest were yellow with the gold ring around their eyes the axies later turned a brown colour
the other half began as brown and turned much darker as they aged (nearly black with an olive sheen)

(all eggs started as white looking so the other wildtype female that was in the tank couldn't be a part of the family)

My question is.... how can i get this many colour variations from just two parents?

sherylbobbins

Reaction score
Oh em gee! It's Sarge, Eclipse and Aphro's mummy! Fatten up George.. she was cooler when she was obese. We should breed Sarge and/or Eclipse with a golden albino and see what we get *nod*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!